Words in the head

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 07:39:23 EST 2001

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:26:48 +0800 (WST), Paul Andinach wrote:

> > On a related topic, am I the only one who, watching a movie, finds
> > oneself mentally drafting the novelisation?
>
> Nope.  I do this all the time.  Most recently, Disney's "Mulan" (I
> have small children, and my video collection is appropriately
> skewed).  It's entertaining.

Which is entertaining, 'Mulan' or mentally drafting the novelisation?

I'm not sure what I think of 'Mulan'. There were some nice touches,
like the fact that they didn't automatically marry the hero and
heroine off at the end, but I didn't like the fact that Mulan wouldn't
have achieved anything without that irritating dragon.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."