Which Contains Far Too Many Confusions...

Mon Mar 26 01:00:15 EST 2001

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:48:49 EST, JOdel at aol.com wrote:

>So far as I can see, in standard usage, the one called "jelly" is just jam
>that doesn't have any seeds or pulp. (Strained fruit preserves) Jello is a
>whole different animal.

Jelly (the non-Jello kind) is made with gelatin also, as far as I know.
While I've never stooped to making my own preserves, I have many friends and
relatives who do.  So I've seen it done and been the recipient of others'
labors.  :)

I prefer jam/preserves; jelly is too hard to spread, and it rips up the
cheap whole-wheat bread I buy for my kids.  Grape jam is nice, but
marionberry preserves are the best.

(I would buy good nutty bread with lots of grains in it for the kidlets, but
they reject it utterly.  So it's saved for Jacob and me.  This is the same
bread I use for toasted cheese sandwiches...just to resurrect an old, old
topic.)

Melissa Proffitt
(who would like to point out that THIS time, she did not have any hand in
sending the whole list careening down into Foodland.)