dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #273

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 20:48:35 EST 2001

Date sent:      	Sun, 25 Mar 2001 09:22:04 -0500
From:           	owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net (dwj-digest (Diana
Wynne Jones))
To:             	dwj-digest at suberic.net
Subject:        	dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #273
Send reply to:  	dwj at suberic.net

> My parents used to think it was strange that I read whilst travelling
> through the desert, at beautiful beaches or at picnics...they couldn't
> understand how I could appreciate the scenary AND read. But I think reading
> in a lovely place can make the book more relaxing and enjoyable. Unless
> it's a book I've been waiting for for over a year and then nothing gets
> through!
> Emma

I often find that in nice places i'm actually doing more looking than
reading but that just makes the book last longer. My selection of
holiday reading is always very important to me. it has to be
something I can get my teeth into but not anything too grim or
difficult. I like to take one classic "worthy" book for every too
fantasy/sf. I mentioned the backache I get from holiday reading

                                           Ven.