Which Contains Far Too Many Confusions...

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 14:48:49 EST 2001

So far as I can see, in standard usage, the one called "jelly" is just jam
that doesn't have any seeds or pulp. (Strained fruit preserves) Jello is a
whole different animal.

About the only place I can think of where anyone much makes a fuss is if they
wear dentures and don't like having to clean the seeds out from under them
(Does anyone wear dentures any more?). Or at thanksgiving where most families
who do the traditional thing usually end up serving both cranberry sauce
(with whole berries and seeds) AND cranberry sauce (strained and jelled.
Usually in the shape of the can and sliced into disks.) because some of the
partcipants have a strong preference of one or the other ( and the rest take
a dab of each).