Literature Abusers

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 24 08:03:47 EST 2001

Melissa asked:

> Is anyone else in the middle of a book glut?  I was talking privately to
> Hallie about this...it seems that suddenly I have dozens of books I want
> read, most of them not published yet, and I can't think where to start or
> finish as there's always one more waiting for me:

I have about a hundred (at least) books waiting to be read, and that's not
counting all the ones I'm waiting for that haven't come out in PB yet. As I
finish one book, I honestly have trouble deciding what to read next.

I've recently read:

_The Marriage of Sticks_ by Jonathan Carroll. Beautifully told, but like
most of Carroll's novels, deeply depressing. But wonderful at the same time.
;-)
_Aunt Dimity's Christmas_ by Nancy Atherton. A sheer delight. She manages to
steer it away from being maudlin schmaltz, though at times it does get
close.
I'm currently reading _The Merro Tree_ by Katie Waitman. I'm really
impressed. It's a wonderful book about the role of art, love (including
same-sex, cross-species love) and freedom of speech.

> In the middle of _Little, Big_ by John Crowley
> Impatiently waiting for my copy of _Lirael_ to be mailed

_Lirael_ is the next book on my list!

Ros