Literature abuse

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Fri Mar 23 14:45:29 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Paul Andinach wrote:

|On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, otheng wrote:
|
|> Hot with just a twist of lemon or a slosh of milk, which is the way
|> I like it. Iced tea is an abomination - at least the stuff I was
|> served in a hotel in Alabama was.

|"American-style iced tea is the perfect drink for a hot, sunny day.
|It's never really caught on in the UK, probably because the last time
|we had a hot, sunny day was back in 1957." - Tom Holt

As the daughter of an Englishwoman, and as someone who lives in a
house with three natives of the American South, I assure you that
American-style iced key is not the perfect drink for a hot, sunny
day.  Personally, I prefer to drink things that don't dehydrate
me in the summer time.  Of course, this applies to all
caffeinated, high-acid beverages -- including Coca-Cola.  So it
isn't a very popular opinion.

ObDwj: of course we all know the correct way to make key: ""with
boiling water and two tea bags and only milk in the cup.  Curry,
mustard, pepper and vinegar are strictly forbidden" (Quentin, to
Awful, of course.  Though I missed the start of the discussion;
maybe that has come up already.)

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
In plain then, what forbids he but to know,
Forbids us good, forbids us to be wise?   -- Paradise Lost