Literature Abuse

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 23 08:30:44 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Emma Comerford wrote:

> I think another sign of literature abuse is when you find yourself
> talking and thinking in the style of a book you've been reading -
> even if it's old English or includes adjectives unique to the novel.

Oh, yes. Happens to me all the time.
Well, the thinking part does. I don't think I've ever actually started
talking in the style of a book I've been reading.
(When I'm thinking about what I'm going to say, yes, but somehow it
always comes out sounding fairly normal.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."