Literature Abuse

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Mar 23 07:13:04 EST 2001

>Funny how being a book lover can lead one to be
>quite hard on books. Stuffing them into pockets, etc.
>The worst is my habit of reading in the bath.....
>I never ever do it with library books, of course, nor
>with most of my own nicer books; I don't feel too
>bad bathing with modern paperbacks, because they're
>cheapish & replaceable, if I ever decided I wanted
>a copy that wasn't all warped from page-turning
>with wet fingers. :-)

I _love_ reading in the bath.  And have always loved it.  My loopy
step-father once threw a fit about my staying in the bathroom for an
extended period of time (there were two other loos, and this was in
the evening, so it wasn't a discommoding the family type fit), and
said there was almost something - wait for it - sensual about it.
Yeah.  Reading when very comfortable!  But I was duly chastened at
the time.

Hallie.