Literature abuse

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Mar 23 07:08:07 EST 2001

Paul:

>On the other hand, it's not like Early Grey is proper tea -- doesn't
>have weird herbal stuff in it?

Oddly enough, for years I couldn't abide Earl Grey, because it tasted
like perfume.  But once I read about bergamot as an essential oil, I
perceived it completely differently, and got to like the taste.
Dumb, hunh?  Lapsang Souchong, on the other hand, I've never managed
to acquire a taste for.  Like licking a barbaque pit.

>On yet another hand, maybe it's good that it's not proper tea -- as we
>all know, all proper tea is theft...
>
>IGMC.

?  I'm being very dim, no doubt, but still, don't get it.

Hallie.