Literature Abusers

Fri Mar 23 03:28:27 EST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:23:32 -0700, Jacob Proffitt wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:32:27 -0700, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>>Where was I?  Please tell me I wasn't in the car with you, I beg you.
>
>I don't remember surrounding details.  I remember the car (it kind of stands
>out) and the scenery (ugh, all that empty sage) and the book and that it
>took me an hour to stop.  Must have been shortly after we were first
>married.  I remember I was driving back from Phoenix.  Can't place it better
>than that...

I couldn't have been in the car with you.  I just can't remember any time in
which all of the above elements were present at once.

>>Melissa Proffitt
>>(who is hearing this little story for the first time)
>
>Obviously, it was information you didn't need at the time :)

Lucky you.  I probably could have made a case for annulment.

"Really, judge, I had no idea he only had HALF A BRAIN when I married him!"

Melissa Proffitt
(who is going to refer to herself in the third person now, because this
scene is too surreal for anything but narrative form, probably by Jane
Austen, who would come up with something incisively witty to say about it
all)