Literature Abuse

Emma Comerford s369161 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 22 23:51:32 EST 2001

>Miranda wrote
>>  I remember
>> once or twice catching myself narrating my own life
>> in third person, like a novel. E.g. finding myself thinking,
>> "She climbed onto her bike." I think I even once
>> accidentally appended, "She said", onto the end of
>> something I was telling someone. Oops.
>> Just me? Please tell me it's not just me? ...:-)

Hi, I'm also new to the list, although I've been belatedly reading digests
for a while.
I think another sign of literature abuse is when you find yourself talking
and thinking in the style of a book you've been reading - even if it's old
English or includes adjectives unique to the novel. It causes strange
looks...maybe not as many as "she said" though!