Literature abuse

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 22 19:34:52 EST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Anna Skarzynska wrote:

> The British mutilate their tea beyond recognition. All that milk.
> And sugar.  Urrgh!
> Now, capt. Picard has the right idea. (addressing the replicator):
> "Tea, Earl Grey, hot" (I take it that means black and sugarless. If
> it doesn't, I take it all back)

Well, in the sense that he doesn't ask the replicator for milk and
sugar, I suppose it does. (I can't recall whether I've ever actually
seen Picard drink tea, or only heard about it, so I can't confirm of
my own experience.)

On the other hand, it's not like Early Grey is proper tea -- doesn't
have weird herbal stuff in it?

On yet another hand, maybe it's good that it's not proper tea -- as we
all know, all proper tea is theft...

IGMC.

Paul
--