Tea

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Thu Mar 22 18:19:51 EST 2001

Hallie:
 Thanks to you lot, I read _Cold Comfort Farm_.  Becca
> loved it as much as I did.  We decided tonight that the "There'll be
> no butter in Hell" line will have to be followed by: "...but I'm
> pretty certain there _will_ be Bovril"!  (Marmite is substitutable,
> if need be).

Cold Comfort Farm - a great book - was my boyfriend's mother's favourite
book and her progeny (three sons) narrowly escaped being christened Reuben,
Seth and Jesse. They got away with Simon (the boyfriend), Nick and Toby. I
do like Seth, though.

> PPS  Do North Americans have the "pleasure" of acquaintance with
> Bovril & Marmite? I only remember running desperately away when my
> mothermade a cup here in Ireland.

I believe in Oz and NZ the nearest thing is vegemite.
Being an old hippie, I buy yeast extract (same thing minus fancy brand name)
in wholefood shops. I used to hate it, but now I like it. Is that sick and
depraved, Hallie?
Ania