Literature abuse

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Mar 22 03:59:31 EST 2001

Elizabeth:

>We lived in Durham
>>  for a few years a while back.  Several US moves later, I moved
>>  continent, but have some fond memories of the research triangle.
>>  Especially a book shop and the fact that one daughter was born there.
>
>  - In the book shop??? <g>

:)  Actually, you got me thinking what a nice opening for a book that
would make.  "I was born in a small book shop in Durham, when my
mother became too engrossed in <fill in book title> to notice being
in labour."  I may have to suggest this to Cara in a few years.

(And for those on the list who have given birth, this _would_ be
speculative fiction, so no need for snorts of derision!)

Oddly enough, this morning when buying the paper, I saw part of a
headline (on the type of paper I don't buy, btw)  yelling "TERROR OF
GIVING BIRTH IN".  I had to move another paper to see whether it was
indeed "... in a book shop", but alas, it was only "in the UK".

Hallie.