Literature abuse

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Wed Mar 21 20:33:44 EST 2001

I don't know if anyone else's read Arundhati (sp?) Roy's "The God of Small
Things," but there are twins in there who lament that their mother made if
off the bus before actually giving birth, becase they think that if they'd
been born on the bus, they'd have gotten free rides for life.  So, if you
had been born in a bookstore. .. maybe. . . .

lizzie, off to falsify her birth certificate <just kidding, really:^)