Literature abuse

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Mar 21 14:30:09 EST 2001

Miranda:

>Hallo, all---first post---been a DWJ fan for years, &
>delighted to have recently discovered this list.
>One thing that wasn't on the Literature Abusers list--
>maybe it's just me?:-) Back when I was in my early
>teens, & therefore particularly unhappy with the so-
>called real world, & therefore particularly apt to be
>very deeply engrossed in the world of books, I remember
>once or twice catching myself narrating my own life
>in third person, like a novel. E.g. finding myself thinking,
>"She climbed onto her bike." I think I even once
>accidentally appended, "She said", onto the end of
>something I was telling someone. Oops.
>Just me? Please tell me it's not just me? ...:-)

Oh no!  Not just you at all.  I used to do that _all_ the time.
Don't think I ever did it out loud, but possibly it's just that I
didn't notice it.

Welcome to the list, Miranda.  Is that address the University of
North Carolina or have I got it totally wrong?  We lived in Durham
for a few years a while back.  Several US moves later, I moved
continent, but have some fond memories of the research triangle.
Especially a book shop and the fact that one daughter was born there.
Oops - though not in that order.  :)

Hallie.