Literature Abusers

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 13:41:52 EST 2001

> LITERATURE ABUSE: AMERICA'S HIDDEN PROBLEM
> SELF-TEST FOR LITERATURE ABUSERS
>
> How many of these apply to you?

Only thirteen, I'm afraid - but some of them get a "NO" answer _because_ I'm a
book addict...

> 5. I have hidden books in different places to sneak a chapter without
> being seen.

No.  At home, I live alone, so I don't have to.  With friends, most of them are
readers, so I still don't have to.  At work, I have always made it a hard and
fast rule not to bring novels to work, since I'm sure that if I did I'd get so
little done that I'd lose my job...

> 7. Sometimes I re-write film or television dialog as the characters speak.

Film?  Television?  What are they??

> 9. At a party, I will often slip off unnoticed to read.

No.  Perhaps that's why I don't enjoy parties.  Maybe I'll try it sometime...

Come to think of it I noticed my cousin Helen doing just that at our boxing day
party last year - was it because I gave her 8 Days of Luke for Christmas?

> 15. I have sometimes passed out from a night of heavy reading.
>
> 16. I have suffered 'blackouts' or memory loss from a bout of reading.

Don't know why I've never suffered from these.  Perhaps it was the right
training in childhood...

Philip.  (Glad to have at last caught up with the backlog of the list messages
in his inbox)

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970