George RR Martin -- spoilers

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 22:25:43 EST 2001

Something that occurred to me the other day was a similarity in
plot elements between Martin's Ice and Fire books and DLOD. In
both children are scattered and in peril, and while the reader knows
they all live the parents/mother do not. Its very effective for
emotional tension, as you fear that the parents will do something
irrevocable in the belief that their children are lost. I've been racking
my brains for anyone else who has done this.
                                           Ven.