Charmed Life Audio Book

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Thu Mar 15 04:21:26 EST 2001

Kyla about the pronounciation of Chrestomanci:

> ... when I got to the bits in WW and CL which told you how--KREST-oh-man-see.
> Did the German version have that, and how did it say to pronounce it?

It says (in CL): KREST-OH-MAN-TSCHI, all in capital letters, which I don't
understand.(I mean of course that I don't understand why it's all capital
letters.) The difference lies in the last two syllables. The German man has a
different "a" (like a british "last" ???). I also used to put the stress on the
"man".

Bettina