Test message, and apology for the downtime

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Mar 14 11:05:29 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

|>Sorry for the spam. The list was down, and I'm just making sure that it's back
|>up again.
|
|It's good to see anything from suberic, Deborah!  Thanks for fixing
|it so quickly.

now if only I knew why it broke... Allen, my co-suberic admin and
I, spent two hours changing settings last night.  When they were
back to the settings they'd been when we started, everything
worked again.  <sigh>

so here is my experiment.  A year and a half ago, when I got very
bad RSI, I switched to reading the list by digest, which I could
print out all at once.  Last night, I thought that if only I'd
been reading the list on a daily basis I'd have noticed it being
down.  And I think I'm as fast with my voice software as I'll
ever be, so I'm going to try to rejoin the daily list.
Particularly since I've discovered I don't catch up on the
digests, and I'm several months behind.  ;)  So, to sum up -- I'm
back!  And I'm full of stifled comments from the last year and a
half about how irritating the Chrestomanci on the new UK editions
looks, and how much the new Chrestomanci U.S. editions look like
reprints of Tailchaser's Song instead of dwj books, but that
least they are attractive, and questions about whether any body
has heard anything more about filming Howl's, but I'm so far
behind in the archives that I will have to catch up before I
embarrass my self and bring up something that has already been
discussed to death.  Kind of silly from the list admin.  <grin>

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Glory be to God for dappled things 	-- G. M. Hopkins