OT: Pop-tarts was: Re: Bread pudding

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 28 06:50:30 EDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> Glad you liked _Passage_ too. :)  A Pop-tart is a sort of pastry
> thing flattened (and de-crumbleised) to fit into a toaster.  The
> fillings are mostly sort of thick preserves, but there is a chocolate
> one too.

Me want pop-tarts! We have something like that in the Netherlands,
but it has a cheese-and-jam filling with no discernible taste except
sweet and salty at the same time. I wonder if it would it be possible
to make them, I'm rather good at pasties and samosas (though I've
never tried tarts as such).

   Irina