OT: Pop-tarts was: Re: Bread pudding

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Jun 27 18:30:15 EDT 2001

Tarja:

>And to continue with the food related stuff (oh, no, here the list goes
>again on a food rampage... =)), I know this is a trivial thing to stick in
>one's mind about a great book, but what is a Pop-tart? Joanna in Willis's
>_Passage_ always had only had a Pop-tart for breakfast and I kept wondering
>what they were like.

Glad you liked _Passage_ too. :)  A Pop-tart is a sort of pastry
thing flattened (and de-crumbleised) to fit into a toaster.  The
fillings are mostly sort of thick preserves, but there is a chocolate
one too.  Well, there are probably lots and lots since I last ate
one.  Oh yeah, I think there's a thin layer of dry frosting on top as
well.

I don't think I'm going to get a job advertising these things
somehow.  Even worse - if they're somebody's favourite food, I might
just have turned a food rampage into a food fight!

Hallie.