Connie Willis

Wed Jun 20 19:13:39 EDT 2001

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:31:14 +0100, Rosie Burroughs wrote:

>Murder One also had
>Remake and Uncharted Territories. Are these any good? I haven't seen them
>mentioned here IIRC, which makes me wary.

I agree with Jenwa about _Remake_ being more like _Bellwether_ than her
other books.  It's another one (like _Passage_) where I thought the ending
was a sad one the first time, but on rereading realized I'd misunderstood
what had happened.  (Not unlike _Fire and Hemlock_, though in that case I
still don't have a clear picture of that final confrontation.)  It's
slightly more into the future than _Bellwether_ and it's pretty dark.  It
also made me want to rush out and watch all sorts of old movies I'd never
seen before.

_Uncharted Territory_ we touched on only briefly--my comment was that the
fact that the POV character's gender is unknown for the first hundred pages
struck me as something DWJ would do.  It's a fun but (in my opinion) minor
work.  Good romance.  Worth getting, but don't spend a lot of money on it.

Melissa Proffitt