Connie Willis

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 18:45:05 EDT 2001

--- Rosie Burroughs <rosieburroughs at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, I saw it in Borders and Murder One yesterday,
> and was almost tempted to
> spend £12, but I like books to be fairly easy to
> hold! I shall wait, and
> spend the year trying to get hold of her other
> books. Murder One also had
> Remake and Uncharted Territories. Are these any
> good? I haven't seen them
> mentioned here IIRC, which makes me wary.

i quite liked Remake, but it seemed very different
than her other books.  it reminded me rather strongly
of Pat Cadigan, which Connie Willis doesn't usually.
i think it's more like Bellwether than Doomsday Book
or To Say Nothing of the Dog.  perhaps it's the
subject that seemed Cadigan-esque...  the
possibilities of media and all that.

--jenwa.