Connie Willis -- Promised Land

Rebecca Ganetzky jlynn_cmc_edu at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:59:11 EDT 2001

Sorry, I just deleted all the re: text; I'm in the bad habit of doing that.
But anyway, I'm just commenting that I ws quite fond of Cleo, too, although
not _so much_ of Promised Land -- Pl doesn't have her normal deep look at
life, and scientific perspective, although the characcterization and plot
devolpment were both outstanding.
Re: Willis Titles -- After loaning out my copy of to Say Nothing of The Dog
to so many people in the last month, we've began to call it Dog.  As in,
ooh, I have a really good quote from Dog for the quote of the day.
-Rebecca, who has forgotten today's quote of the day, so have yesterdays
"It has alkways been the Prerogative of fools and half-wits to point out
that the emperor is wearing no clothing, but the fact remains -- the emperor
is still the emperor, and the half-wit is still a half-wit"