Connie Willis

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon Jun 11 12:32:06 EDT 2001

Ven wrote:

>> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:23:01 -0400 (EDT), deborah wrote:
>

>>> But be careful: "All My Darling Daughters" is really really
>>> upsetting.  Gross.  Vile.
>>
>> Oh, seconded heartily.  I can't bring myself to reread it.
>

> Thirded? Reseconded? makes me think whatever possessed her.
> Of course it has such an impact because there is a core of truth in
> there, in the specific case but the story strikes me as a gross
> overstatement.

As someone touched (though peripherally) by real life circumstances
mirrored in that story, I can tell you that it resonates in a very deep
and real way with me.  It was disturbing, but that is the point.
Powerful story and I'm not at all sorry to have read it.  No
overstatement for me.  It just lifted the cover off the truly hideous beast.

Jacob Proffitt