Connie Willis

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 20:02:06 EDT 2001

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:23:01 -0400 (EDT), deborah wrote:

> >But be careful: "All My Darling Daughters" is really really
> >upsetting.  Gross.  Vile.
>
> Oh, seconded heartily.  I can't bring myself to reread it.

Thirded? Reseconded? makes me think whatever possessed her.
Of course it has such an impact because there is a core of truth in
there, in the specific case but the story strikes me as a gross
overstatement.

> >ObDWJ: _Uncharted Territories_ is my favorite Willis in a very
> >DWJ-like sort of way.
>
> I like the way the narrator's gender is obscure for about half the book.
> THAT is something DWJ would do.  :)

I don't think I've read this, why not?

Ven,

Those who fail to reread are doomed
 to read the same story everywhere -- Barthes