Jane Austen (was: A whole lot of Re: that I snipped off)

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 11:14:29 EDT 2001

In a message dated 6/4/01 10:44:06 PM, Melissa at Proffitt.com writes:

<< the copy of the book I
have plays up this supposed correlation between Jane Austen and Anne Elliot.
Why do you think they've made such a big deal about this possibility?  >>

Unpleasant echoes of a writers' group I used to partcipate in there. We had
this one ignoramus (a friend of one of the hosts) who, no matter what was
being presented, always had to ask whether it was autobiographical. It all
got very intrusive and anoying after a very little while. That we were mostly
writing fantasy and science fiction (and trying to stretch our imaginations a
bit) only made it a more irritating. None of us were quite rude enough to
tell her "None of your damn business", though.