Lit. Crit. (was: Re: More than you ever wanted to know (was Re: answers from Diana))

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 11:14:32 EDT 2001

In a message dated 6/5/01 6:13:58 AM, Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk writes:

<< I have every sympathy for the cause of Women's Liberation, but this idea
that there must be "feminist" criticism, "feminist" this that and the other,
makes me want to sign up for Men's Lib at the next opportunity.  >>

A natural and unsurprising reaction, and one which even knee-jerk feminists
can sometimes sympathise with. But taking a close look at familiar works with
the "gender-aware" lens engaged is also a valid exercise, even if it
sometimes gets taken to excess.