Jane Austen (was: A whole lot of Re: that I snipped off)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Jun 5 10:31:46 EDT 2001

>I wish I had proactive textbooks like that. I'd probably get more work
>done.
>
>As it is, I have an essay due on Monday, and my Finals start in a
>couple of weeks, and I'm certain I'm going to fail *something*, and
>yet somehow I seem to spend all my time reading my email.
>
>[Paul's Philosophy textbooks maliciously refuse to do anything.]

LOL!  But worse than do-nothing textbooks are the Two-Faced type -
which drag your body to them, but Betray you by leaving your Mind
completely Free to Wander through *interesting* topics, like Jane
Austen, and whether you Dare to Disagree with Melissa Yet Again
(whimper), and ohmigod, there's Philip on feminist criticism and I
NEED to disagree with that!  ;)

Sheer treachery!

Hallie - starting to wonder if she needs to get another e-mail-less
computer to write essays ON (I felt like breaking some rule just now).