Religion and fantasy

Irina Rempt ira at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 31 16:14:04 EDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ven wrote:

> (what exactly is a Lutheran btw)

It's a Protestant denomination, and I don't know about the USA but in
Europe it tends to be on the high-church side of Protestantism, with
emphasis on liturgy and a lot of singing. It's the national church of
Denmark (Folkekirke, "people's church") and I think also of other
Scandinavian countries.

I was baptized (hardly raised) a Lutheran, and when the church
started "modernizing" (that is, throwing away all old forms and not
replacing them by anything decent) I went away in search of something
that was still "real" and ended up Eastern Orthodox.

When I told that to the minister who had baptized me -apologetically-
he smiled and said "that's what I baptized you for: so you could find
your own way to God." :-)

   Irina