alternate identity (OT: Snicket/Gaiman)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Sun Jul 29 07:58:08 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 shelly at the-seasiders.co.uk wrote:

|Nat wrote:
|
|>Current reading: Bill Bryson IN A SUNBURNED COUNTRY, Lemony Snickett
|>THE REPTILE ROOM, Jane Stevenson FOUR DECEPTIONS, Jane Hamilton
|>DISOBEDIENCE, Neil Gaiman AMERICAN GODS, Lonely Planet MADAGASCAR AND
|>THE COMOROS
|
|Is Lemony Snickett worth reading? I've seen a couple of interviews with him recently, but I'm not sure his books are out yet. And how about the Neil Gaiman? I've liked his past books, but the summary of this one made it sound a bit too thrilleresque for me.

I heard Lemony Snickett (well, Dan Handler) speak yesterday.  He
was extremely amusing.  Lemony Snickett books are also amusing,
in a very beholden to Edward Gorey kind of way.  Not DWJ,
certainly, but definitely an enjoyable way to spend some time.
And, like DWJ, not a believer in the fairness of the world or of
adults.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Glory be to God for dappled things 	-- G. M. Hopkins