The Wide, Wide World (was: One more question)

shelly at the-seasiders.co.uk shelly at the-seasiders.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 05:09:18 EDT 2001

Dorian wrote:

>  (Though I must admit to preferring Jane
>Eyre's method of coping; she has more backbone than Ellen, I think.)

Of course. I went to a study day at Roehampton University about writing & food where someone gave a lecture on food in Jane Eyre - apparently Jane's a really hearty eater, and fetches up a midnight picnic from downstairs at one point. (Don't think I've got the book, or I'd give the reference.) But I can't help thinking it's not sensible to marry Rochester ... (And I don't think Jo shd have married Laurie - he's a bit of a drifter, and anyway, she didn't love him enough [sorry, romantic at heart].)

>Ooh, must look out for [Elsie Dinsmore books]; I've been wanting to take a look at them for
>years!

I found a really expensive children's second-hand bookship in London (off the Charing Cross road) giving them away for nothing. The site about them being reissued is at www.elseiedinsmore.com - I'd be fascinated to know how they've been altered.

Georgia

-----

20 email addresses from 15,000 domain names - free at http://www.another.com