One more question...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Jul 27 15:17:38 EDT 2001

Melissa asked...

> Something I've been meaning to ask--how many members of the DWJ list are
> writers?  It seems like quite a few of us do writing of some kind, from
just
> a little dabbling to actual publication.  Anyone want to share?

Guilty as charged, m'lud.  I'm unpublished as yet, but I've completed the
first draft of one novel, have a second first draft about three-quarters
done, and am about two-thirds of the way through the first draft of a third
(which is the one I'm actively working on at the moment).  I've also written
a few short stories, two of which are out in slush-piles at the moment.  A
third got rejected the other day, and will be sent out again this evening.

And on the side, I'm Fantasy Co-Editor of a spec-fic webzine,
Ideomancer.com.

I write fantasy, by the way, mostly of the urban variety; my novels are all
set in modern Dublin (well, they say you should write what you know!).

Like Ros, I'm a member of the Del Rey sponsored On-Line Writing Workshop,
where a dedicated sub-group is picking holes in my current novel. :-)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can do is
to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer