OT, American Gods

corricg at catswhiskers.co.uk corricg at catswhiskers.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 10:52:32 EDT 2001

Nat wrote:

>SPOILER FOR Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS
>
>.
>The premise is that various gods and demigods have moved to America
>and became lost and poor shadows of themselves once they are here.

Sounds rather like Kipling's Puck of Pooks Hill/Rewards and Fairies - where the gods and other supernatural beings have become exactly that - "poor shadows of themselves" - over time. As far as I can see the reason Kipling gives is lack of belief in them, but I'm not sure it's completely spelt out.

The book sounds good - might buy it with some of the book token I've been given as a leaving present from my current job. (I can reccommend leaving: everyone is really nice  to you, and you get presents!)

Thanks

Georgia

http://www.catswhiskers.fsnet.co.uk

Express yourself @ another.com