Religion and fantasy

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Wed Jul 25 21:02:28 EDT 2001

> We don't seem to have any Lutherans on the list, do we

I had a book pubbed by Lutheran Press once. The editors were nice blokes,
very funny and asked me if I minded if they took out the teen swearing in my
book. I didn't mind, since I'd put it in only to please a former editor who
didn't want the book in the end.

On balance I'd say they were a bit stricter than the general run of
Aus-Anglicans... but then, the RC people I encounter (in church-based
schools) are usually very tolerant. The ones I have a slight problem with
are the non-specific Christian schools, a few of whom don't like me to
discuss fantasy with the children.

Sallyo.