alternate identity (and Keirsey types)

Wed Jul 25 18:34:21 EDT 2001

On 25 Jul 2001 12:55:11 EDT, Susanna E. Leng 98 wrote:

>> >I'm an INTP, though this test is scoring me wrong for
>> > some reason as an INTJ.  Seriously.  Read the
>> > description of INTP at http://typelogic.com/intp.html
>> >and that's ME.  Me and Albert Einstein.
>>
>> I seem to be an INFJ.  Though the description on the same
>> site by Joe  Butt (the guy who did Melissa's, right?)
>> seems less accurate than the  second one.
>
>I'm an ISTJ, consistently, and found that the description,
>though accurate, was a bit disappointing.  I felt it only
>described one part of the personality, but maybe that's
>accurate, too.

Well, it seems that this set of descriptions describes the "pure" form of
each one.  Other times I've taken this test, it's also shown just how strong
each of those qualities is, and I tend to be borderline on more than a few
(particularly the J/P and the T/F).  So some of the characteristics are more
accurate than others.  For example, my being borderline T/F means that my
feelings are neither as overwhelming nor naive as this description suggests.
(Probably.  I'd have to think about it.  :)

I hate taking tests like this because the logic behind some of the questions
usually isn't obvious to me, and I can't see the difference between the
options--or my choice is somewhere in the middle, or none of the above.
(Have I mentioned that I'm INTP? :)

Melissa Proffitt