Remake (Spoiler...)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Jul 25 16:15:40 EDT 2001

Rebecca wrote:

>Actually, that was _why_ I liked it.  I know it sounds weird, but it
>was like a satire within a satire, because the relationships and
>characterizations and endings were so stereotypical happy-teenage
>movieesque.  Maybe I like Willis, and am therefore giving her too
>much credit, but I think she may have done that on purpose.

I don't know - I thought the point was that they WEREN'T so typical
and movieesque. Heada says once that if it were the movies, the hero
would have realised that he couldn't live without his secretary and
she was the one he'd been in love with all along. Anyway, I really
don't like satire for satire's sake, at the expense of likeable,
believable, interesting characters and a good plot. :)  I LOVE Connie
Willis, and love everything else she's written, including
_Bellwether_, another satire, but I really didn't like this.

Becca, off to watch a movie (all this talk made me feel like it :) )