Remake (Spoiler...)

Rebecca Ganetzky jlynn_cmc_edu at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:58:40 EDT 2001

>(I think I'd better
>give this a spoiler space now...)

>.
>I didn't like the way it was sort of typical: with the guy falling
>for the mysterious, glamourous girl, instead of the one who not only
>likes him, but helps him and obviously cares about him and does
>everything he asks. I think this really annoyed me because Heada
>seemed so much more real to me than Alis, and what does Alis ever do
>for Tom except look all intent and pretty?
Actually, that was _why_ I liked it.  I know it sounds weird, but it was
like a satire within a satire, because the relationships and
characterizations and endings were so stereotypical happy-teenage
movieesque.  Maybe I like Willis, and am therefore giving her too much
credit, but I think she may have done that on purpose.
-Rebecca
P.s. Has anyone read Daisy in the Sun, Light Raid or Water Witch?  Are they
recommended (i.e. if I found a good price on them, should I buy them?)