Remake

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Wed Jul 25 12:08:20 EDT 2001

Becca said -

> I just read Remake a few weeks ago, and I think it was the only book
> by Connie Willis that I really disliked. (I think I'd better
> give this a spoiler space now...)

She then came up with some very perceptive comments. I've not read the book
in question, but the points raised go a long way to explain why I dislike
satire so much...

For me, fiction holds up a window to a world where things can be set right.
The imperfect becomes, if not perfect, at least more heroic in its failure.
I don't care for books which take something imperfect and make it worse.

DWJ ref? DWJ takes the imperfect and makes it interesting, heroic and often
magnificent.

I rest my case.

Sallyo.