alternate identity

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Jul 24 15:56:21 EDT 2001

Philip explained...

> > Am I allowed to ask why you were making faces?  (Or is that just the
> > lighting?) :-)
>
> Making faces?  It's called _embouchure_!

Well, it doesn't look much like a trumpet/cornet/euphonium embouchure (I
used to play all of these instruments).

> When I was asked for a picture for the VCF speakers list, the only decent
one I
> could find was of me playing the bassoon in an orchestral rehearsal.  I
thought
> it would make a nice contrast on a computer-related site, but the bassoon
got
> cropped out of the picture...

Ah.  That would explain it. :-)

> Am I allowed to ask why you were making faces?  Ot is that just the
lighting?

A combination of the facts that I was squinting at the photo flash, and
drunk.  The pic was taken at a friend's birthday celebration.  Probably also
explains the slight out-of-focus-ness; the camera wielder was probably also
drunk.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can do is
to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer