Religion and fantasy

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue Jul 24 20:22:42 EDT 2001

is trying to convert
> readers, without any overt religion...

Interesting, that - Christians are *supposed* to try to convert people...
though most of us would probably opt for trying to live by the code and hope
this works rather than active converting.  For one thing, the active type
converting is out of step in the current society. Maybe some politicians and
activist groups should take note!

And, on a related note - I think writers do add their own concerns to their
books, because books are the sum of experience + experiment + imagination +
logic. Tho' sometimes I argue backwards from my real beliefs, just for the
heck of it.

Sallyo.