Religion and fantasy

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 19:57:40 EDT 2001

I asked

> >Here's an apposite quote from Connie Willis (what exactly is a
> >Lutheran btw):
>
> Serious question?  Luther, the Reformation, (Becca's quoting from the
> floor (that's the living-room floor, btw :) not speaker's podium type
> floor) : John Tetzel selling indulgances in Wittenburg to rebuild St.
> Peter's Basilica in Rome, nepotism, absenteeism, pluralism, and simony...)
>  Sorry.

Oh Hallie, (agrieved sigh) of course I know who Luther is, and
they're obviously Protestant, but of what precise kind of
Protestants? When founded? where to be found? Like Anglicans?
Baptists? Methodists?The Wee Wee Free? Big? Small? Powerful?
Weak?.............. Just wanted to know.

Ven

magic, if present, can do almost anything

Diana Wynne Jones