Religion and fantasy

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon Jul 23 23:03:46 EDT 2001

Also LDS are:
Fantasy: Dave Wolverton, David Farland (pseudonym for Dave Wolverton),
Russel Asplund, Shane Bell, Virginia Baker
Young Adult: Kristen Randle, Louise Plummer
Literary Fiction: Brady Udall, Terry Tempest Williams
Playwrights: Neil LaBute

One of the email lists I frequent is an Association for Mormon Letters
(AML) list so I thought I'd share authors I'm aware of who are producing
nationally.  The only ones list members are likely to recognize is David
Farland, though Neil LaBute and Brady Udall are kind of hot in their
respective circles right now.  Both LaBute and Udall produce dark,
disturbing works (LaBute wrote "Your Friends and Neighbors", "Bash",
"Nurse Betty", and "In the Company of Men") and a lot of people are
surprised that they are active LDS and not disaffected.

Jacob Proffitt