OT: Tepper again

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jul 20 10:30:31 EDT 2001

I was wondering if anyone's read Sheri Tepper's latest, "The Fresco". I've
just finished it, and enjoyed it very much. The only other Tepper I've read
is "Beauty", and I disliked her pontifications, and was half-expecting to
dislike "The Fresco", especially after several people on this list discussed
her tendency to preach. One review I've read claimed "The Fresco" was
chock-full of Tepper's politics and lecturing, and I suppose I agree that it
is full of her ideology, but I'm trying to work out why it didn't bother me
and why I enjoyed it so much. I think it might be because it worked so well
as a story for me, and was also filled with irony and humour. Anyone else
read it?

Ros