alternate identity

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 07:55:39 EDT 2001

I've been neglecting the list recently, but I'd like to fill one of these in
before I tackle the backlog of things to reply to...

Who?  Philip Belben

Where from?  Born in Bristol, England (Hello, Georgia!).  Grew up mostly in the
northern part of Somerset.

Where now?  Coalville, Leicestershire, England

How ancient?  34

Any progeny?  No such luck - I'm having difficulty even finding a partner...

Religion?  Christian, Church of England.

Occupation?  Electrical Engineer

First DWJ?  Dogsbody, when I was about 9.

Quintessential DWJ?  You all seem to find this one so easy!  They're all so
different I'm having difficulty picking one as representative, let alone
quintessential!

I think Tale of Time City contains more of her recurrent themes than most.
Magicians of Caprona is more typical of her writing, though.

Favourite DWJ?  Sudden Wild Magic is definitely top.  Power of Three, Dark Lord
of Derkholm, Deep Secret; the list goes on and on.  That said, it's easier to
compile lists of funniest, most moving, most thought-provoking, etc., than of
overall favourites...

Personal maxim/ prescription for an easy life?  Well, an easy life can certainly
be cured, though I'm not sure what to prescribe for it :-)  I can probably come
up with a maxim, though:

It's not how something is meant to be used, but how it can be used, that is
important.  It doesn't matter if what you have (talents, tools, etc.) is not
exactly what's wanted - use it anyway, and it creatively!

(The other side of this is that the inventor/creator has a responsibility to
consider what else his/her new invention might be used for...)

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970