what i dislike about witch week's ending (spoilerish)

Rebecca Ganetzky jlynn_cmc_edu at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:52:10 EDT 2001

Don't really feel like a proper response right now, but...WARNING: Contains
science (I have friends who avoid it like the plague)
SPOILER

Sayth ferricide (I can't do the Y thing on a PC)
>i dunno, if i
>remember the ending correctly it was very star trekkian. "let's meld the
>two
>realities!" ... just doesn't work for me. =) but it's something i can live
>with -- DWJ has written so many books that i can afford to dislike a few.
That bothered me too, because LofCC and CL made very clear that DWJ uses the
very common theory of Everest universes (a universe s created for every
event that can go seperate ways), even WW states that.  But Everestian
universes are an actual theory (Quantam Mechanics), and it doesn't feel
right to b able to reverse the process.  I just loaned out my copy, so it's
very possible that the issue was resolved scientifically and I'm just not
remembering, but...
RDG