alternate identity

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Sat Jul 14 13:20:59 EDT 2001

> Who?  J. Odell
> Personal maxim/ prescription for an easy life? Define "easy"

Uncomplicated. Painless. Fun. Not "heavy" or fraught with anguish. Whatever.

In my case, what I meant was either the personal "rule" you follow, which
you acquired through either innate wisdom or bitter experience (your own or
someone else's), or the "rule" which would have made a difference for the
better if only you'd actually listened to yourself...
Mine (never let desperation get in the way of judgement) was borne out of a
particularly awful, protracted relationship with a manipulative, screwed up
man, with whom I was so in love that I ignored my instincts and better
judgement in an attempt to cling to the wreckage of the good thing we had
once shared. I did once make a whole list of my "life's lessons" and then
realised that the above covers all of them with a little stretching.

Ania