Newcomer

El.Buchanan at btinternet.com El.Buchanan at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 11 15:24:30 EDT 2001

About 7 years ago, I am now 19, my father bought me the series of Dalemark
books at a book fair. I read them in a matter of days and have since devoured

any dwj I could get my hands on although before the recent republishing
finding them was difficult. Along with Hexwood and F&H these remain my
favourites although I also like her adult books. I can honestly say there are
no
dwj books I haven't enjoyed and when an internet search came up with this
discussion group I couldn't believe how many people love her books like I do

and how many of the comments in teh archive struck a chord with me. I don't

feel so bad now about having an entire shelf devoted to her books and getting

pitying looks from people who have never read her when I explain they are
childrens books and then try to describe how good they are but just look like
am justifying reading childrens books at my age.

PS Is it only me that gets a thrill in a book shop when they find a book they

have never read?