More Sherri Tepper (was Re: Good hau;

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Tue Jul 10 15:59:47 EDT 2001

Ven said (of Waking the Moon)...

> I'm not sure it's a book that people who don't know much  about
> paganism or feminism would read. Big spoiler coming up.........

I dunno.  You never know what fantasy readers might not have come across
before they read X book.

>               TOTAL RUIN TO THE END OF THE BOOK WILL COME
>              FROM READING THIS SPOILER
>

>                       and the middle, and the beginning

> I feel that what became of Oliver (that was his name?) went quite a
> way toward redressing the balance in favour of the benevolent face
> of the Goddess. In one sense he did die, as everyone thought he
> had, only to be reborn, purged of his torments. He made the
> traditional sacrifice to Cybele (testicles (and all the rest)) and got
> himself a new life.

Yes, that was his name.  And I do agree with you.  But I also have this sort
of feeling that it was too little, too late.  Hell, maybe I'm just paranoid!

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"I feel that if a character cannot communicate, the very least he can do is
to shut up!"
--Tom Lehrer